CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 31, 2010

Bret, my son, in Afghanistan


It's May 31, 2010. MEMORIAL DAY. A Memorial Day that will forever change for me! In a few hours I will be back in SanDiego, California and have the privledge to welcome home a brave, tired, weary United States Marines from the hills of Afghanistan. My son, Bret, being one of those. It is amazing the PEACE that God has given me on his last deployment of his...yet...he was in the worst area any military could be. Over the past several months I have learned that when Bret or any other person would cross my mind, no matter where I am/was. I would stop and try to find a private place (mostly bathroom stalls) and take that moment to lift them up in prayer. Now,,,on a silly note....what began as quick prayers...have turned into 20 minutes session with My Lord and Savior. All this time I am praying for their safety or whoever/whatever the need is and I realize while talking to a friend last night that I, ME.... I have grown so much closer in my walk with Jesus just taking the time to do this!!
A friend called me to say, "hey girl, you butt dialed me" and I giggled not knowing I had done so. He proceeds to tell me that he heard me talking and then realized I was talking to Jesus like He was sitting next to me. He said, "I felt like I should hang up the phone,,,but I couldn't" . He then said he heard me pray for his daughter and for him which left him speechless.
Now...keeping in mind I'm thinking "oh...what did I say?" lol ...... He then asked me if I could find the time today to meet with him that he wanted to know more about this God I believed so deeply in!! Well....here in a few I am going to meet him and share with him the plan of salvation! I'm excited, nervous, all these mixed emotions!! All from what started out in a bathroom stall to lift up my son, to a butt dial to sharing Gods plan!!
Now....again.....My God works in mysterious ways!! I am so honored to be living a life according to what He says I should. There are areas in which I am not perfect and I am working on those....but I'm so THANKFUL to be in the USA and to be one of the moms that will feel her sons arms around her in a few hours!!
Jesus...you amaze me!! The past few months since the flooding have been crazy!! CRAZY BUSY! You have placed me in devestated areas with non-believers and we have formed friendships...you have kept me sooooo busy and allowed me to nurse others and "work" all in the volunteer spirit!! THANK YOU....THANK YOU for keeping my days full and on the go!! You know my heart and my spirit of a gypsy that lives in me!! I thought I had to go to foreign countries to become a missionary....when all along I've been one just in My Style that you've allowed me to have!
Happy Happy Memorial Day to my son and his 7th ESB unit that is coming home! To all those in military that are serving, that have served and those that lost their lives in the line of duty. To the spouses, parents, sibilings, childrens that carry this "way of life" with them during your service....God Bless each of you as well!
In His EVER ABIDING LOVE!!

0 comments:

Proud Christian

Proud Christian
Erica made this for me!

Free Admission to Heaven

Free Admission to Heaven
made by Bri

MeMe loves her "buggs"

MeMe loves her "buggs"
made by me

Jesus...Jesus

Jesus...Jesus
made by Bri

Be Still....

Be Still....
my first paint.net project

Wings

Wings
all i did was add the text to these great wings!

He Loves Me!

He Loves Me!
my first siggy for my group at cafemom